Agricultural Technician Apprentice
AFGRI is a global agricultural company in business for more than 90 years, one of the largest John Deere equipment dealerships with 14 branches in Western Australia. We supply quality new any used agricultural equipment, service and parts tailored to the need of broad acre farmers. Our main product line is John Deere, but also supply other farming equipment.
As an apprentice technician, you will learn how to inspect, repair and maintain engines and its mechanical components. This is a 4-year apprenticeship supported by TAFE and AFGRI Apprenticeship Academy resulting in a Cert III in Agricultural Mechanical Technology.
We are seeking to recruit an Agricultural Apprentice to one day become a qualified Master Technician working at one of our branches.
Role and Responsibilities
- To assist in reassemble machines and equipment following repair; test operation; and make adjustments as necessary.
- To assist in repair or replace defective parts, using hand tools, welding equipment, grinders.
- To assist in test and replace electrical components and wiring, using test meters, soldering equipment, and hand tools.
- Record details of repairs made and parts used.
- Clean and lubricate parts.
- To assist in service or overhaul engines.
- To assist in dismantle defective machines for repair.
- To assist in examine and listen to equipment, read inspection reports, and confer with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
- To assist in maintain, repair, and overhaul farm machinery and vehicles, such as tractors, harvesters using hydraulics hoists or jacks.
- Keep your supervisor informed as to how work is progressing.
- Responsible for completing timecards, service reports and other required documents fully.
- Ensure that you adhere to safety standards.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and health and safety of other people who may be affected by their conduct in the workplace.
- Ensure that any hazardous conditions, near misses and injuries are reported immediately to the Manager.
- Performs related work as required.
- Undertake relevant training and development activities.
- Completed Year 12, preferably within an agricultural college
- Have an interest in agricultural machinery and industry
- Previous work experience such as operation of farm machinery desirable
- Ability to learn and take instructions
- Heavy vehicle license and forklift is preferred but not essential
Please select 2 branches where you would like to be placed:
AFGRI Equipment is a equal opportunities employer.
If you have any questions, please contact Gabi Duguid, HR Manager on 0472 838 819 otherwise apply via