AFGRI is a global company with a core business in selling and servicing agricultural machinery. Our Dalwallinu branch is also a Ford and Nissan Dealership servicing and repairing vehicles for local customers. We provide our customers with excellent service by highly trained technicians.
With the business growing, we require a qualified Automotive Technician to work in our dealership.
- Greet customers when they arrive and take a detailed history of vehicle performance or mechanical failure
- Diagnose vehicles based on observational and mechanical testing as well as information provided by the customer
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Provide customers with detailed estimates for repairs and replacements and obtain signature approval prior to commencing work
- Repair vehicles based on the diagnosed issues and repair estimate based on manufacturer’s instructions
- Test drive vehicles after repairs are complete to ensure mechanical soundness and to determine whether any other problems exist
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling, and electrical systems.
- Rewire ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Repair radiator leaks
- Install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers
- Rebuild parts such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
- Describe vehicle’s condition to customer and answer any follow-up questions
- File appropriate documentation on each repair
Skills and Experience
- Qualified Automotive Mechanic with min Cert III qualification
- Current WA license required for this role
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of vehicles
- Current ARC (Australian Refrigeration Council) accreditation preferred
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft desktop applications
- Ability to use computer diagnostic equipment, parts advisor and CCMS.
- Competitive salary
- Monthly bonus scheme
- In-house training
- Excellent career progression opportunities
Please apply via Seek by sending your resume to Gabi Duguid, HR Manager, or for further info call TEL 0472 838 819.