In this newly created role, the Fleet Manager will assess the operational performance and costs of our current truck fleet and work closely with the rest of the team to develop a plan to optimize utilization and routing of these vehicles. The role will also look after 250 plus pool and tool-of-trade vehicles to ensure optimal and efficient utilization.
- Manage the acquisition, replacement, disposal and logistics of the vehicles.
- Ensure preventive maintenance programs are carried out as per schedule, in line with agreed pricing and monitor post repair performance.
- Ensure warranty repairs are carried out as required and in a timely manner, reducing off road time
- Organise insurance claims in the event of accident or theft
- Conduct analysis of vehicle status and make recommendations for timely replacement, to improve cost efficiency in line with market trends
- Monitor kilometers travelled of fleet vehicles and make recommendations for vehicle swaps between branches to maximise operational efficiency of fleet.
- To advise on the most efficient transport of our products to and between branches by utilising our own trucks and contractors.
- Monitor all vehicle usage for FBT purposes
- Provide recommendations for lowering vehicle-operating expenses and increase utilisation.
- Update and enforce all vehicle operation policies and systems
- Liaise with vehicle selling agents to identify the best disposal channel for vehicles to be sold and monitor sales cycle
- Ensure all paperwork associated with each vehicle is accurate and submitted correctly
- Ensure accuracy of vehicle data in the system
- Ensure licensing and registrations are up-to-date
- Monitor driver fatigue, training, and paperwork to ensure compliance with transport regulations
- Assist with other projects as required
Experience and skills:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Fleet / Logistics Manager
- Previous experience in vehicle routing and load scheduling
- Have a working knowledge of vehicle mechanics and vehicle repair
- Have a clear understanding of the rules and regulations of the Australian motor & truck industry.
- Ability to analyse data and preparing thorough reports and documentation.
- Previous experience working with fleet policy and vehicle leasing agreements.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Newly created role
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Gabi Duguid, HR Manager 0472 838 819.