AFGRI Equipment Ltd Pty is a global agricultural company in business for more than 40 years. The company is the largest John Deere equipment dealership in Western Australia growing from 3 branches in 2005 to 14 branches today. We supply quality new any used agricultural equipment, service and parts tailored to the need of broad acre farmers.
We require a Junior Accountant to provide support to the Finance Team and ensure that all accounting responsibilities are carried out in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage the fixed asset register together with all AFE’s and disposals. This includes asset counts.
- Assists in month end procedures, preparing management reports, maintaining reconciliations, assists in the establishment of internal controls,
- Prepares GST and BAS returns.
- Review employee expense claims for allocations and payment.
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- General ledger reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets & quarterly forecasts
- Variance analysis reporting
- Maintain the monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Generate monthly management reports for analysis.
- Review monthly trading results and establish reasons for material variances.
- Error correction and resubmission of results where necessary
- Prepare company tax analysis worksheets
- Liaise with Company auditors with regards to reconciliations and supporting documentation.
- Review year-end checklist to confirm all tasks complete
- Assist with the year-end close and arrange for all staff to assist in closing.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA Qualified or working towards
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- Computer literate with demonstrable intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Solid organisational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
If you have any questions, please contact Gabi Duguid, HR Manager on TEL 0472 838 819 or email your CV to email@example.com