AFGRI Equipment is WA's largest John Deere dealer and following the acquisition of 6 additional branches we are seeking a full-time Heavy Diesel Mechanic (Service Technician) to join our Construction and Forestry Division in South Guildford.
About the role:
- Maintain, repair, and overhaul heavy machinery and vehicles, such as graders, dozers, loaders, and forestry equipment.
- Providing effective diagnostics and DTAC solutions.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical equipment and electrical components.
- Perform scheduled maintenance including oil changes and lubrications as per Original Equipment Manufacturers’ (OEMS) requirements.
- Prepare inspection reports and diagnose malfunctions. Discuss reports and solutions with customers.
- Reassemble machines and equipment, test the operation, and make necessary adjustments as necessary.
- Carry out new machine builds and fit outs.
- Respond to breakdown service calls which may be after hours or on weekends.
- Metro and regional field service work will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Field service vehicle.
- Mobile phone and laptop for diagnostics.
- Career development and internal promotion opportunities.
- John Deere University courses to keep up with new technologies.
- A competitive pay package.
- Great team comradery and invitation to a monthly social club.
- Staff discounts on equipment brands including John Deere.
The successful applicants will:
- Have relevant heavy diesel trade qualifications.
- Knowledge of CAN BUS and GPS systems will be valued.
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Have an interest to learn about John Deere diagnostic computer programs and tooling.
- Be willing to work in a field service environment if required.
- Ability to operate and test construction equipment.
If you’re looking to join our team, then please Apply Now!